Middlebrook Farm was settled in 1844 by Moses and Mary Chamberlain accompanied by their children Henry and Mary. Later, Henry was active in the development of the railroad and highway systems across the state of Michigan. He also founded the village of Three Oaks in 1867.
His sister Mary was the first school teacher at the newly constructed Spring Creek School.
Subsequently, the farm was owned by the Veneklasen famliy. It was the largest dairy operation in Southwest Michigan.
Then, during the last decades of the 20th century two artists brought the farm along as home to their studios and beautiful gardens. They partnered with a neighboring farmer to produce corn and soybeans.
In June, 2005, the farm was purchased by Bob and Janet. Soon after, they decided to plant their land in pasture. In January of 2007, they purchased their first full-blood Lowline heifer from Melody Acres in Crocket, Texas.